Mold removal isn’t a topic people think about until they need it. The solution might seem as easy as just thoroughly cleaning the location. Unfortunately, there are many reasons why this job is best left to professionals. If you’re in need of mold removal in your home or business, trust the experts at SMART Restoration, LLC to solve the problem.
Exposure to most types of mold isn’t an immediate health risk, but without proper mold removal any type may become a risk to your building’s structure. Mold grows best in warm, damp environments. You might have cleaned mold in your sink or shower as part of your normal cleaning routine. However, in many instances such as a burst pipe or a leaky roof, there is likely continued water damage that may lead to mold that you can’t even see. That’s why SMART Restoration’s service starts with an inspection based on any prior water damaged areas that may have now resulted in mold.
Not being able to see the mold makes the problem tricky for anyone to solve without special equipment. If you try to clean mold yourself, any mold left behind may continue to grow and spread. In addition to this, bleach, which is the common tool used for tiles and sinks, doesn’t work against mold on porous surfaces like wood. The mold works its way into gaps or cracks in the wood and continues to spread until proper mold removal is performed.
SMART Restoration’s services are tested and effective. Whether the project is a home or business, we complete the following:
* Collaborate with third party mold testing companies to receive accurate and unbiased mold test results when needed
* Create the most effective mold removal plan to fit your location
* Utilize proper safety measures, including PPE (personal protective equipment) for staff, setting proper containment when necessary, and steps to avoid mold cross-contamination
* Place specialty equipment to take care of mold in the atmosphere
* Use hospital grade disinfectants approved the CDC, OSHA, EPA, CIRI, FDA, and IICRC
If you need mold removal in your home or business, don’t try to do it yourself. Not when there are experts like the ones at SMART Restoration in Kansas City who can help. Call us at (913) 355-5303 or contact us online for a free estimate.