Mold can cause serious damage to structures if left untreated. Even in the cleanest home or office, mold spores are everywhere. They can travel through the air, entering through open doors or windows, or hitch a ride on your clothing or on your pets. Because mold consumes organic matter, it can thrive in homes or offices by consuming drywall, carpet, fabrics and wood. In addition to food, mold needs warmth and moisture in order to grow. Our homes or offices are full of moist environments. Not just kitchens and bathrooms, either. Hidden leaks in roofs or plumbing, overflowing appliances or gutters and flooded basements can all result in areas of moisture where mold can thrive unseen.
March 16, 2022
If mold removal is on your springtime to-do list, don’t wait! The longer you leave a mold problem untreated, the worse it will become. Though it may seem like an easy job, removing mold completely, effectively and safely requires a professional. The pros at SMART Restoration have the tools, techniques and training to do the job right. We serve customers throughout the greater Kansas City area including Gladstone, Liberty, Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit, Overland Park and Lenexa.
You may read articles about people coming down with mysterious illnesses and having their symptoms attributed to “toxic black mold” in their homes or offices. The truth is, it’s a bit more complicated. There is one particular mold, Stachybotrys chartarum, that has received a lot of press in recent years. It is black or dark green in appearance. Like all molds, it sometimes causes illness in people who are sensitive to it. This particular mold produces mycotoxins that can cause serious health issues if they are consumed. If it’s in your Kansas City home or Johnson County business, you should have it removed by a professional. Mold color is not an indication whether it is toxic, but rather is determined by the type of material it is consuming as it grows. Any mold can make you sick if you are sensitive to it.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) “Allergic reactions to mold are common.They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold.” If someone in your family has lung problems or is sensitive or allergic to mold, you need a mold removal expert to remedy the problem.
If you notice mold in your home and need a mold removal expert to come and evaluate it, contact SMART Restoration immediately. Our team of experts will inspect your home or business, determine whether mold is present, and formulate a mold removal plan to get rid of the problem. Our team wears proper protective equipment, takes precautions to ensure that mold spores do not spread to other areas during treatment, and uses only EPA-approved products in your home or business. We have the specialized equipment needed to clean and dry carpets. We will also remove and replace any water damaged materials, and our air purifying system will ensure that the air in your home or office is clean and healthy.
If you need mold removal in the Greater Kansas City area, SMART Restoration can help. Contact us at (913) 355-5303 or use our online form to schedule a free estimate. We will work hard to get your home or business back to a healthy, clean and safe condition.